A new investment will allow StaffAny to grow the business, expand regionally and develop new features and solutions for customers.
SINGAPORE, Jan. 20, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Workforce management solutions startup StaffAny today announced that it has raised $3.4 million in its Series A funding round. This investment was led by GGV Capital, with participation from East Ventures, FreakOut Shinsei Fund, Far East Ventures, Farquhar Venture Capital and prolific business angels such as Allen block, the former CFO of Slack. StaffAny will use this new investment to grow the business, expand regionally and develop new features for its workforce management solution.
“We are proud to support StaffAny as they enable SMBs to manage their hourly workforce. Although F&B is the industry most impacted by COVID-19, StaffAny has seen strong growth and unprecedented adoption among SMBs, a testament to its product and the resilience of its management team. SMB technology is an industry in which GGV invests globally. We are excited to work with StaffAny as they grow and evolve. “, said Jixun Foo, Global Managing Partner at GGV Capital.
StaffAny is backed by NUS Enterprise, the entrepreneurial arm of the national university of singapore, incubated at BLOCK71 Singapore and founded by a team of alumni of NUS and the NUS Overseas Colleges program.
Connecting HR and Operations
StaffAny helps blue-collar companies optimize their operational planning, time tracking, and month-end HR timesheet consolidation. With StaffAny, companies can improve their performance and efficiency, while reducing their operating costs. This is done through the following functions:
- Employee Scheduling – With an online assignment calendar, managers assign staff with the click of a button. Managers can easily view staffing schedules across multiple outlets, as well as forecast labor needs and costs for the following week. Any last-minute planning updates are quickly communicated to the team, so everyone is automatically notified.
- Clock/Timesheets – Staff clock in and out using their mobile devices and a cloud clock. Businesses can track the attendance of their employees, at different locations, without the need for annoying punch cards or inaccurate manual logins. If employees’ shifts change, their timesheets are automatically updated for seamless payroll management. Timesheets are transparent for improved trust so staff can quickly flag any errors and eliminate pay slip discrepancies.
- Leave request – Staff request leave online and management/HR simply approves or declines. The automated system allows managers to see who is available to schedule and who is absent. As employees work longer hours and are entitled to more vacation days, the vacation balance is added automatically. Any deferred leave is calculated at the end of the year. A leave report consolidates all necessary leave information in one place for clarity, visibility, and transparency.
- Real-Time Reports – Managers can stay in the know with exportable month-end reports, which reveal all the information. Up-to-date reports can be downloaded from StaffAny’s cloud solution anytime, anywhere. Not only is this useful for managers to track employee work performance, but it also provides peace of mind as all data is transparent for audit reporting.
- Connected Workforce – With its fully integrated and transparent solution, StaffAny gives staff greater control over their work performance. Staff are proactively notified of their shifts to reduce late arrivals, and compliments and warnings can be issued to encourage improved performance. Selected managers can be notified when things go wrong, for quick action.
Prepared for the pandemic and future growth
“Due to social distancing requirements and work-from-home stipulations, the current pandemic has accelerated the need to digitize workforce management. Companies are increasingly aware of how these tools allow them to scale efficiently, as well as generate data that improves operations and increases profits,” mentioned Janson Seah, co-founder of StaffAny.
“Despite the pandemic, last year we managed to increase our geographic reach across seven countries. In 2021, our workforce management solution tracked over 11 million work hours and saved more than 350,000 hours of work,” added the co-founder. Eugene Ng.
Last year, StaffAny updated its workforce management solution to ensure it supports companies struggling with COVID-19 regulatory issues. This includes an integrated workflow with TraceTogether (in Singapore) and MySejahtera (in Malaysia), to facilitate clocking compliance and employee contact tracing, test reminders for staff to perform their ART tests, as well as updates on staff vaccination status.
In 2021, StaffAny also upgraded its workforce management solution to further increase operational efficiency and support client revenue goals. This included adding new features to improve operational efficiency, such as automatic scheduling, where the best employees are scheduled into empty shifts, based on customizable criteria and rules, as well as sales-based scheduling. , which allows managers to allocate labor to meet sales targets. and sales per hour worked.
Going forward, to enhance its core solution, StaffAny will develop a new product, in the area of employee engagement, to help companies improve employee performance and retain valuable employees. StaffAny is currently testing this solution, and all companies willing to explore are welcome to early access. StaffAny plans to grow its team this year and expand beyond Singapore, specifically targeting Malaysia and Indonesia markets.
“We previously used a facial recognition system to manage the arrival and departure of our employees. Unfortunately, the software was not very accurate and the wrong employees were often identified, which meant that HR had to make many adjustments In addition, StaffAny’s time scheduling functionality has saved our managers a lot of time each week. The process of linking timesheets to payroll is seamless and productivity has improved dramatically! StaffAny was able to make some customizations to accommodate the unique way our organization is structured,” explained Claudia Lin, HR Manager, SaladStop!
StaffAny aims to empower today’s connected workforce with a data-driven approach to managing hourly workers. StaffAny’s workforce management solution connects HR and operations across organizations, enabling businesses to be connected to the lean workforce of tomorrow. For more information, please visit https://www.staffany.com
About GGV Capital
Co-founded in Silicon Valley and Singapore in 2000, GGV Capital is a global venture capital firm that invests in local founders. With $9.2 billion under our leadership, we have investments in United States, Canada, China, South East Asia, India, Latin America, and Israel. As a multi-stage, industry-focused company, GGV Capital invests in growth-stage companies in three sectors: Social/Internet, Enterprise Tech and Smart Tech. Over the past two decades, we have supported over 400 companies around the world, including Affirm, Airbnb, Alibaba, Big Commerce, Boss Zhipin, Grab, HashiCorp, Hello, JD MRO, Keep, Kujiale, Manbang, NIU, Opendoor Technologies, Peloton, Poshmark, Qunar/Ctrip, Slack, Square, StockX, Udaan, Wish, XPeng, Zendesk, etc. For more information, please visit https://www.ggvc.com/
About NUS Enterprise
NUS Enterprise, the entrepreneurial arm of NUS, plays a central role in fostering innovation and entrepreneurship at NUS and beyond. It actively promotes entrepreneurship and cultivates global mindsets and talent through the synergies of experiential entrepreneurial education, active industry partnerships, holistic entrepreneurship support, and catalytic entrepreneurship outreach. Its initiatives and global connections support a range of entrepreneurial journeys and foster the creation of ecosystems in new markets. These initiatives augment and complement the University’s academic programs and act as a unique bridge to industry far beyond. that of Singapore shores. For more information, please visit https://enterprise.nus.edu.sg.